When renewing your Montana Medical Marijuana Card, you need to apply via the Complia Industry Portal where you applied the first time. The state will email you 30 days before your expiry. At this time you can apply via Leafwell to see a physician and get recertified.
For your renewal, you will need:
- Photo of registered cardholder applicant
- Photo must be a clear, color photo taken from the shoulders up within the last six months that reflects the applicant's current appearance. Background must be plain, light colored, and free of clutter. Patient must be directly facing the camera with a neutral facial expression or natural smile with eyes open. No hats or sunglasses are allowed. Generally, the photo should look like a driver's license or passport photo and may not be enhanced or altered in any way that changes the patient's appearance. Applications with photos that do not adhere to these guidelines will be returned for correction.
- Copy of MT Driver’s License, MT State ID, or MT Tribal ID.
- For minor cardholder applicants, a copy of MT DL, MT State ID, or MT Tribal ID of legal guardian
- Signed Physician Statement for a Debilitating Medical Condition
- For minor cardholder applicants signed Physician Statement for Minors
- Name and address of provider
- If a registered cardholder applicant, or legal guardian of minor applicant, plans on growing their own marijuana and rents or leases the property where they plan to cultivate and manufacture marijuana, include a notarized Property Owner Permission Form.
- For minor cardholder applicants, proof of legal guardianship. Acceptable documents include birth certificate or court approved document. Please contact the Montana Medical Marijuana Program for additional guidance.
Steps to renew:
- Sign into the portal here
- Provide the new physician's statement
- Provide further documentation
- Submit and wait for approval
- The state will send a card within 30 days.