Before you start, have these supporting documents ready:
- Leafwell Physician Certification - which includes your reference number
- Recent Photograph (within 60 days, plain background, no hats/glasses, neutral expression)
- Government Issued photo ID, e.g.:
- Current NJ Driver’s License
- Current NJ Non-Driver’s ID issued by NJ Motor Vehicle Commission
- NJ County ID Showing patient name and address
- Proof of residence e.g.:
- Utility bill (dated within 90 days)
- Correspondence from IRS or New Jersey Division of Taxation (dated within 1 year)
- Federal, State, or local government correspondence (dated within 90 days)
- 3 x Bank statements (for each of the previous 3 months)
- Debit or credit card
Getting Your New Jersey Medical Marijuana Card
1. Register at/login to https://njmmp.nj.gov/
2. Enter all required information on Attending Healthcare Practitioner's Statement
3. Complete required patient information (as noted by the red asterisk)
4. Enter the Alternative Treatment Center of choice. This can be changed at any time5. For patients with caregivers:
- If you wish to register a caregiver, and they are not an immediate family member, they must get a criminal background check via fingerprints. There is a printable form on the bottom of the page where you upload your documents.
- Complete required caregiver information and upload ID documents
6. The state has up to 30 days to review your application. You will be notified via email on how to proceed.7. Approved applicants will be emailed instructions on the MMP e-payment process to pay the card fee. Both patients and caregivers must pay the MMP fee.
- Login https://njmmp.nj.gov/ and click “payment” (you will need your patient reference number).
- Click submit and complete the required information (as noted by the red asterisk).
8. Once the fee is processed you will receive your card from the state in 7-10 business days.9. Legally purchase cannabis from an approved dispensary.
- Always take your medical card and photo ID when shopping at a dispensary.