Yes, medical marijuana patients in North Dakota can have a caregiver. To apply as a caregiver, follow this process:
- Applications will be completed and submitted online via the BioTrackTHC system. You will be asked for your name, address, date of birth, phone number and email address. You will also need to upload a passport-style photograph, driver's license or ND state ID card in .pdf, .jpeg or .png format.
- An applicant must enter the patient’s 10-digit alphanumeric barcode number and click the “verify” button to match the appropriate patient to the designated caregiver. Once there is a correct match the patient’s name, date of birth and email address will populate in the fields. The patient barcode number is generated and assigned when a patient completes and submits their patient application. This means that the patient must complete their initial application first.
- All designated caregivers must pass a criminal history record check with their initial application and every other year after that. Per NDCC Chapter 19-24.1, anybody who applies as a designated caregiver must not have been convicted of a drug misdemeanor within the five years preceding the date of application or of a felony offense (in a lifetime).
- Log back in to the BioTrackTHC to:
• View and edit certain information on their account
• View and edit an application that was started but not submitted (Please Note: once an application is submitted, the applicant will not be able to edit their application. If a change needs to be made, please contact the Division of Medical) Marijuana
• View their submitted application and track where it is at in the review and approval process.
• Check the patient(s) 30-day maximum purchase limit balance.
See application instructions here: https://www.ndhealth.gov/mm/PDF/Patients/Instructions_Designated_Caregivers.pdf.