Before you see a physician in Maryland, you need to obtain a patient number from the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission. Here's a step by step guide.
Have the following documents ready:
- US issued government ID – such as a state issued driver’s license, state issued ID card, passport, or military ID.
- Proof of address, all documents must be dated within the past 90 days. Select one from the list below:
- MVA registration card or title
- Utility, telephone or cable/satellite TV bill
- Bank account statement
- Property tax bill
- Mortgage statement or proof of home ownership (Deed, Title, Bill of Sale)
- Major credit card bill (Visa, MasterCard, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.)
- Residential rental contract (lease or rental contract between landlord and tenant which includes all signatures).
- Selective Service Card
- Federal, state or local government mail issued by the state of Maryland (ie. Social Security, social services)
- Car insurance policy
- All documents must be dated within the past 90 days.
- An electronic, hi-res copy of a clear, recent photo of yourself
Once you're ready, follow these steps
- Go to www.onestop.md.gov
- Search for the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission. Here you will find 7 different applications that you can register for.
- Click on “Adult Patient Registration”. Every patient needs to register here and receive a patient number before seeing a certified provider.
- Click Apply Now to begin the process.
- Complete the form as required
- Wait for the approval - this can take 2-3 weeks
- Once you receive approval via email from the MMCC, you're ready to see a Leafwell physician